Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thankful Days....



Greetings!! Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving... a time with family and friends, a time to remember loved ones not with us any longer. I pulled my Rachel Ray routine and cooked for about 5 hours-trying new recipes and remembering my diet!! I made some great dishes -all desserts I used Splenda. Here is a note-never use the same amount of this sweetener as you do the sugar in a recipe-use half as much or it will be toooo sweet!!! Bushy and Baxter- the cats of the house -smelled turkey all day and got their share- they were thankful too!!! I got to have a ball with my grand-daughters and when they went home about 10:30 I fell in the bed!!! What a great feeling of exhaustion-though- a thankful feeling!!! Now Christmas is coming!!! I love this time of year-I decorate to the extreme-and there really is a mystic hum in the air!! RECIPE: Try this one for all you fruit lovers-find your favorite apple-crisp recipe-substitute the brown-sugar topping for the brown-sugar blend Splenda. Use tart apples -whatever is your favorite and add about four pears cut up to it. Crush up a cup of fresh cranberries in your blender-add a half cup of regular Splenda to that. They are sooo tart you have to sweeten them. Mix together and put your brown sugar topping on top and bake. It will look festive for the holiday coming also and everyone will love it!! Serve it with sugar-free french vanilla ice-cream or low fat cool-whip. Here is a couple of pictures of our home and back deck. I'm ready to start decorating for Christmas!!!

No comments: